We have reached the end of February. February was a very busy month for me.
I had appointments, University classes with issues about who was going to be teaching those classes when the original teacher missed four sessions and didn’t keep in contact…stressful. I started a new job in February! – Which I am enjoying. Also, I finished and sent off my application to study a PhD so fingers crossed I get onto that course.
Because of this it was a pretty terrible reading month for me, I mean I did get some reading done but not half as much as I would have liked. My goals for this blog are to (hopefully) post about four times a week and one will be a book review, so each week I should put up a new book review. Anyway, February’s TBR looked like this:
- The Guest List by Lucy Foley – I did read
- Magonia by Maria Daevana Headley – I did not read
- A mood read that I never ended up choosing a book for…
- How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories by Holly Black – I did read
- Charmcaster by Sebastien De Castell – I started to read but did not have time to finish
- The Darkest Bloom by P M Freestone – I did not read
- An Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena – I did read
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell – I did not read
- Furyborn by Claire LeGrand – I did not read
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern – I did not read
- The Queen’s Assassin by Melissa De La Cruz – I did not read
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo – I did not read
What I read: I only managed to read three of the books on my TBR this month which were: The Unwanted Guest by Shari Lapena, The Guest List by Lucy Foley and How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories. Book reviews for this will be coming shortly but I will say I did enjoy all of these books although none of them were five stars for me.
My favourite read of the month was How the King of Elfhame Learned to Hate Stories, it was my first read of the month before my schedule got a little hectic and I spent a good couple of hours throwing myself into the collection of stories. I was very excited beforehand knowing that I got to go back to the world of Cardan and Jude and although I enjoyed the book, it didn’t quite live up to my expectations.
Most disappointing reads: I was very surprised that my most disappointing read was the Guest List by Lucy Foley. I went into the book with very high expectations, I’d seen lots of people on Booktube and Bookstagram absolutely loving this book and I am always up for a good murder mystery, but the constantly changing POV’s and the way the book went left me feeling underwhelmed. As I said my book review for the Guest List will be going up soon if you are interested in hearing more of my thoughts on this book.
Current Reads: currently I am in between books and deciding which book off my March TBR to start reading later today!
On another note – who else is loving the snippet of Six of Crows in the Netflix Shadow and Bone trailer?!