Happy Wednesday bookish people! It is the last day of March and today I’m bringing you my March wrap up! This was such a good reading month for me. February put me in a big reading slump and for the first half of March I was still feeling it a bit but I did manage to read some books and then there was the Becca and the Books 48 hour Bookopoly reading challenge where I read eight books in one weekend!
Also this month I had more appointments, I got a new teacher for my dramatic writing University module and he’s not much better than the previous one, I completed my first case study for my new job and I’ve started my second one so that’s going well and I still haven’t heard back about my PhD application so that’s a bit worrying but hopefully I’ll hear soon.
It was my birthday in March! I’m now 22 and I keep forgetting and telling people I’m 21… I got a couple of books as presents so I’m happy with that, my sister got me an art set and my boyfriend got me an Alice in Wonderland teapot which I love! I didn’t do any reading on my actual birthday but I’ve read one or two books since – I actually skipped ahead and read one of the books of my April tbr already…
Anyway, I didn’t finish my March tbr but it has been my best reading month so far this year so I’m still pretty happy with how I did. This was my tbr:
- What A Way To Go by Julia Forster – I did read
- Uprooted by Niami Novik – I did not read
- The Ravens by Kass Morgan and Danielle Paige – I did read
- The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman – I did read
- Rules for Perfect Murders by Peter Swanson – I did read
- The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater – I did read
- The Once and Future Witches by Alix E Harrow – I did not read
- Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty – I did not read
- Map of Days by Ransom Riggs – I did not read
- Lives of Saints by Leigh Bardugo – I did read
- The Library of the Unwritten by A J Hackwith – I did not read
- Ever Cursed by Corey Ann Haydu – I did read
- Chain of gold by Cassandra Clare – I did not read
- A Curse So Dark and Lonely – I did read
What I read: so from my TBR I managed to read eight books which is much better than February but I also read four books that were not from my March TBR which were: The Cousins by Karen M McManus, The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh, Bridge of Souls by Victoria Schwab and Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I have put up the book reviews for all the books I read this month except for the Cousins and Lives of Saints so check those out if you’re interested in what I thought of them.
There were also two five star reads this month! Those were Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell which I didn’t expect to enjoy as much as I did and A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer. They were my favourite reads this month.
Most disappointing reads: It’s actually been a really great month, there’s only one book I didn’t enjoy which was What A Way to go by Julia Forster. It just wasn’t for me.
Current reads: well I read the Cousins off my April tbr last night so today I’ll be choosing a new book off my April tbr to start reading and I’m very excited about it.
That’s it for my March wrap up I hope you enjoyed it!