Happy Wednesday bookish people! I am so excited to be part of the book tour for As Good As Dead by Holly Jackson, the third book in the Good Girl’s Guide to Murder Series. I absolutely love this series and I am excited today to be bringing you a ‘book look’ and my Top 5 Reasons for you to read As Good As Dead!
Thank you to TbrBeyond tours for having me on this tour and sending me an e-copy of this book.
So, first let me show you my book look! I looked at the colours on the cover, black, grey and red, and I chose a red top and a pair of grey jeans.
(This photo was taken in my hallway by the way, it’s the place that had the best light)
Onto my Top 5 Reasons To Read As Good As Dead…
Top 5 Reasons To Read As Good As Dead by Holly Jackson:
- If you have read the first book, or the first and second book in this series you’ll already know how good it is and can’t wait to pick up the third book – I felt like this and I was not disappointed, I thought As Good As Dead was brilliant.
- If you like school based murder mystery books like Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson then this book series would definitely be for you!
- The characters have you on their side before you even know you’re on their side. It’s really that quick and the characters are some of my favourites in YA books.
- The book has a large focus on family and friendship which is something I particularly enjoyed, if you’re like me and you enjoy seeing this in books there is plenty of it in this series.
- There is mixed media – like emails and transcripts of interviews which is a unique element that adds to the story.
Blurb/Synopsis of As Good As Dead:
The highly anticipated, edge-of-your-seat conclusion to the addictive A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder series that reads like your favorite true crime podcast or show. By the end, you’ll never think the same of good girls again.
Pip’s good girl days are long behind her. After solving two murder cases and garnering internet fame from her crime podcast, she’s seen a lot.
But she’s still blindsided when it starts to feel like someone is watching her. It’s small things at first. A USB stick with footage recording her and the same anonymous source always asking her: who will look for you when you’re the one who disappears? It could be a harmless fan, but her gut is telling her danger is lurking.
When Pip starts to find connections between her possible stalker and a local serial killer, Pip knows that there is only one choice: find the person threatening her town including herself–or be as good as dead. Because maybe someone has been watching her all along…
You can find the rest of the tour schedule here: https://tbrandbeyondtours.com/2021/08/27/tour-schedule-as-good-as-dead-a-good-girls-guide-to-murder-3-by-holly-jackson/
Author Holly Jackson:
You can buy the book here:https://www.waterstones.com/book/as-good-as-dead/holly-jackson/9781405298605
That’s it for my post today, I hope you all enjoyed it!