Happy Monday bookish people! It is the first of November and that means it is time to share with you my wrap up for the month of October.
October was once again a really busy month for me, I officially started my PhD course and I have had to sort lots of things out in preparation for my Masters graduation while also dealing with some issues with my health. It has been a long feeling month that is for sure, but we are now in November and I am feeling great about reading and the books I have chosen (my November TBR post will be going up later today!).
So, in October I was planning on reading lots of spooky books and mysteries and… well, I didn’t do as well with my TBR as I’d hoped. I wasn’t feeling the books I had on my TBR when it came time to read them and then now – the first day of November I am really in the mood to read them. That is very annoying.
Anyway, let’s get into what I did and didn’t read in the month of October!
October TBR and Thoughts:
- A Deadly Education by Naomi Novik – I did not read, I was very excited this book was finally on my TBR but I just didn’t get a chance to pick it up.
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody – another book I was so excited for but didn’t get around to.
- Act Your Age Eve Brown by Talia Hibbert – I didn’t read this one but it has been moved to this month’s TBR…
- Capturing the Devil by Kerri Maniscalco – I NEED to get around to reading this soon but I didn’t manage it in October
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab – I did read this one, I actually read this entire trilogy this month
- Cream Buns and Crime by Robin Stevens – I also read this one
- The Devil and the Dark Water by Stuart Turton – I did not read this one
- Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff – I’ve heard such good things about this one but I haven’t read it yet
- Good Girl Bad Blood by Holly Jackson – I didn’t get to this one
- Legendborn by Tracey Deonn – I’m disappointed I didn’t get to this one it was the perfect month for it
- Marion Lane and the Midnight Murder by T A Willberg – This is the one I’m now really in the mood to read so I’m just going to do it, I’m going to read it in November
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia – I am so scared to read this because I heard it’s classed as a horror so I didn’t read it in Ocotber
- Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo – I did not read this one
- Once Upon A Crime by Robin Stevens – I did read this one
- One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M McManus – I did not read this one
- People of Abandoned Character by Clare Whitfield – I didn’t get around to this one but I am very excited to read it soon
- Pride and Premeditation by Tirzah Price – I did not read this one
- Rivers of London by Ben Aaronovitch – I didn’t read this one
- Take A Hint Dani Brown by Talia Hibbert – I didn’t read this one
- The Devil Makes Three by Tori Bovalino – Another book I was too scared to read
- The Painted Dragon by Katherine Woodfine – it turns out this book is from a series and I don’t have the first ones in it and I’m not sure if I need to read them first
- The Winterhouse Mysteries by Ben Guterson – another book that it turns out is in a series and I didn’t read because I don’t have the first few to read before this one
- The Wolf and the Woodsman by Ava reid – I did not read this one
So, out of my TBR I read five of the books which isn’t great but it isn’t awful either. Outside of my TBR I also read the first three books in the Araminta Spook series by Angie sage which takes my October total to eight books. Considering everything that has happened this month I’m pretty happy with that total. Although I definitely plan to read more in November so we will see how that goes.
That’s it for my October wrap-up I hope you all enjoyed it! Let me know how you all did with your October reading.