Happy Saturday bookish people! It is the end of July… this month has felt like a long one for me. I submitted my new PhD application at the beginning of this month and I’m not sure how I feel about it, the first time I sent in an application I wasn’t confident exactly but this time any confidence I might have had was completely gone. Anyway, I also got to see family in July which was really nice!
So in terms of reading for the month of July: Once again I did not complete my TBR, I’m not surprised about this at all because I had a couple of book tour reads I had to do and I spent four days in Hampshire and I mostly mood read for that. I packed five books and read four over this weekend so even though I didn’t read much off my TBR I still read a lot of books, I think my final number was fifteen. I’ll know for sure at the end of this wrap up.
Let’s see what I did and didn’t read this month!
My July TBR and thoughts:
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas – I did not get around to reading this (again) I will read it at some point but I need to be in a certain mood and have time to really get engrossed in the book, I mean Rhysand is in it so I’m definitely excited to read it.
- A Curious Beginning by Deanna Raybourn – I read this one! I took this one with me to Hampshire and read it in the hotel room on one of the evenings, I really enjoyed this book and of course now I want the whole series. I will be putting up a review of this book very soon.
- An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir – I didn’t read this book. I am still very interested in this book I just didn’t have enough time this month.
- Blood and Honey by Shelby Mahurin – I read Serpent and Dove in June and loved it, however I wasn’t ready to go back into this world yet so I will read this one in a couple of months time.
- European Travels for the Monstrous Gentlewoman by Theodora Goss – I have started reading this one but I have not finished it yet.
- The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V E Schwaab – I haven’t read this one because I have a feeling it will make me cry and I didn’t feel like crying too much in July.
- The Killings at Kingfisher Hill by Sophie Hannah – I didn’t get around to reading this one either.
- King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo – I feel like I should read the final installment in the Shadow and Bone series first so I haven’t read this one.
- Legendborn by Tracy Deonne – another one I haven’t read this month.
- Love and Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch – I have read this one. I wanted a light and fluffy read, I didn’t quite get this but it was an okay read.
- Plain Bad Heroines by Emily M Danforth – big books strike again, I didn’t read this because it is a huge book.
- Pumpkin by Julie Murphy – I read this one, this was my first read of the month, I really liked this one. I will have a review up for this book soon too.
- Save the Date by Morgan Matson – I don’t read very much contemporary so I’m not surprised that I didn’t get around to this one.
- The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden – again I was very much mood reading this month so I didn’t get to this one.
- The Plague Letters by V L Valentine – I thought this book would be a bit dark for me this month so I didn’t read this one either.
- Threadneedle by Cari Thomas – I didn’t read this one.
- Finally Turtles All The Way Down by John Green – I di not read this one either.
So, from my TBR I read three books and started one other. Outside of my TBR I read some other books, these were:
- Deepwater King by Claire McKenna – I read this one as part of a book tour and you can find my review here:https://theblindscribe.com/2021/07/07/book-review-deepwater-king-by-claire-mckenna/
- Ship of Shadows by Maria Kuzniar – I read this book as I was on the book tour for the second book in the series and I wanted to read this one first.
- Secrets of the Stars by Maria Kuzniar – I was on the book tour for this one and you can find my review here:https://theblindscribe.com/2021/07/10/book-review-secrets-of-the-stars-by-maria-kuzniar/
- Death By Croissants by Ian Moore – I was also on the book tour for this book and you can find my review here: https://theblindscribe.com/2021/07/12/book-review-death-and-croissants-by-ian-moore/
- How to be Brave by Daisy Johnson – I read this one for a book tour too and my review is here:https://theblindscribe.com/2021/07/19/book-review-how-to-be-brave-by-daisy-may-johnson/
- No Number Nine by F J Campbell – my book review can be found here:https://theblindscribe.com/2021/07/23/book-review-no-number-nine-by-f-j-campbell/
- The Murder Box by Olivia Kiernan – Another book tour and you can find my review here:https://theblindscribe.com/2021/07/22/book-review-the-murder-box-by-olivia-kiernan/
- A Case of Royal Blackmail by Sherlock Holmes – A book tour, my book review is here:https://theblindscribe.com/2021/07/26/book-review-a-case-of-royal-blackmail-by-sherlock-holmes/
- Lirael by Garth Nix – which I ended up loving, my boyfriend suggested I read this and he was right about how much I would enjoy it. I will be putting a review up soon.
- Charmcaster by Sebastien De Castell – I finally read this book, as with the rest of this series I very much enjoyed it.
- Kingdom of the Wicked by Kerri Maniscalco – I have started this book and I’m nearly finished – it’s amazing.
That is my reading for this month, I read 13 books and started two others so overall this was another good reading month. I am actually pretty confident I will reach my 100 books challenge for 2021.